You need to learn to be yourself. So do I. It’s so easy to fall into the trap of putting on a face that you think others want to see. We tend to think we have to be that way if we are going to appeal to people, but it’s not true. When we learn to be ourselves, great things happen. Really.
My guest today is Dawn Doherty, an executive coach and speaker who is laser-focused on helping you learn how to be your authentic self. She believes that when you are the you, you are created to be, you will experience breakthroughs like you’ve never experienced.
Find out more from Dawn and hear how she encourages that kind of personal breakthrough, on this episode of Real Relationships.#BeYourself For Greater #Relationships And #BusinessSuccess with @DawnDCoach Click To Tweet
You are probably living out of a fear-based mindset. Most people do.
Dawn Doherty says that one of the hardest habits she had to break was the habit of thinking and living in fear. It’s what kept her from being herself because she was constantly trying to live up to what she THOUGHT other people expected from her. But when she was able to jettison that fear it became clear that she could contribute the maximum amount to the world. That’s because she was no longer wasting her energy trying to be someone she was not. It’s a liberating decision that opens the door to authentic relationships that can give you a fulfilling life and profitable business. Dawn is the expert and she’s sharing a whole lot of her goodies on this episode, so be sure you listen.
When you live authentically, you do your best work and work with the best people for you.
There are numerous advantages that come to you when you learn how to be your best self, the authentic you. One of the things Dawn Doherty, my guest on this episode points out is that when you live authentically, you do your best work. There’s no wasted energy trying to pretend that you have different skills than you do or different areas of focus than you do. You’re free to be who you are fully and freely. And the bonus is that you attract the exact people you SHOULD be working with, the people who are most aligned with you and the best fit. It’s a great tip that yields incredible results that you will benefit from greatly.When you live #authentically, you do your #BestWork and work with the best #people for you @DawnDCoach Click To Tweet
A vital question: Am I going to do my best work with this client?
We all feel the pressure at times to take on a client or job because it feels like the money it will bring in is the most important thing. But it’s not. It’s not even a close second. It’s much more important that we work with people who are aligned with us, people who bring out the best in us and whose personalities and approach to life energize us to do our best work. It’s vital when assessing potential client relationships that we learn to ask, “Am I going to be able to do my best work with this client?” My guest today suggests that an honest answer to that question will not only save you a lot of headaches but also set you up for greater success. Dawn Doherty is on the show this time – I hope you’ll listen to what she has to say. It’s powerful stuff.
Why and how Realtors should stalk people online.
In case you haven’t noticed, it’s easier than ever to stalk people than ever before (in a good way). When you are contacted by a potential client or given a referral, it’s time to open your web browser and start checking out the person to see if the two of you will be a good fit. You can find out so much from social media profiles, community postings, reviews others leave about their experience with a person – and it all contributes to your ability to say a confident “yes” or “no” to working with that person. And it’s a step you should not neglect. Dawn Doherty tells us how to go about business stalking the right way, on this episode.Why and how #Realtors should #stalk people online @DawnDCoach Click To Tweet
Outline of this great episode
- [0:44] My introduction to Dawn Doherty, talk show host, executive coach, and leader.
- [2:01] Why Dawn is on a mission to help you show up as the best version of YOU.
- [3:38] Why people live out of a fear-based mindset.
- [5:21] The powerful things that happen when we live authentically.
- [8:07] You are able to attract more business when you live out who you are.
- [11:25] How you can move forward when you feel resistance from people.
- [17:35] The biggest challenges you face are the people challenges. How do do it well.
- [20:33] How to break out of the tyranny of the urgent.
- [26:09] Dawn’s regular process of relationship marketing and nurturing.
- [29:50] Dawn’s big “ask” for you, the audience.
- [30:55] The key piece of advice Dawn gives all entrepreneurs and business people.
Resources & Links mentioned in this episode
Tweets you can use to share this episodeYou are probably living out of a #FearBasedMindset. Most people do @DawnDCoach Click To Tweet
Latest posts by Zvi Band (see all)
- How to Become Top of Mind to Your Ideal Clients, with Sean Carpenter - June 29, 2017
- Automatically Capture and Follow Up with Facebook Leads in Contactually - March 17, 2017
- How To Become An Asset To Your Professional Connections with Michael Roderick - February 9, 2017