One of the things Jon Levy will tell you from his research into human interactions and deep connections is that the thing that influences most as individuals is the people we are surrounded by.
Jon has made it his business to learn all he can about the science and practical aspects of building meaningful connections – not just because it’s interesting to him but also because it’s a skill he wants to teach people so they can add true value to others.
You won’t want to miss this practical and powerful conversation.
How To Build Truly Meaningful #Connections, with @JonLevyTLB Click To Tweet
To make sure your interest in people is real you have to care about them.
Foundational to building relationships that matter is taking a genuine interest in people. And though it’s very basic, we have to understand that our interest in people can’t be genuine if you don’t really care about the people in view. Caring is at the heart of every interaction for the person who makes great, meaningful connections that serve others. Jon Levy emphasizes that point in this conversation as he tells how he first became interested in the dynamics of human interactions and gives very practical pointers for how you can show genuine interest in ways that are memorable and meaningful.To make sure your #interest in people is real you have to #care about them @JonLevyTLB Click To Tweet
For an extraordinary life, surround yourself with the right people.
Most of us have heard the quote from Jim Rohn about being the sum of the 5 people you hang around with the most. But Jon Levy takes that much deeper. He points out that research demonstrates that it’s not only the people you hang around who make the most significant contributions to who you become but also the people THEY hang around. You can find out how that connection is made and the impact it can have on the way you build strategic relationships, on this episode of Real Relationships.
It takes work to be remarkable. You can do it by being curious.
All of us want to be remarkable in our own unique way. And we want it because we find fulfillment in knowing that we’ve made a difference in someone else’s life. But few people are able to be remarkable by accident or by default. It takes intentionality and hard work. That’s the point Jon Levy makes on this episode – and his tips on how to do that hard work are invaluable. If you want to know how to make a bigger impact through the chance encounters and intentional meetings of your life, you need to hear what Jon has to share on this episode.It takes work to be #remarkable. You can do it by being #curious @JonLevyTLB Click To Tweet
Would you like to make influencers remember you? Focus on your last interaction.
Jon Levy unloads a wealth of knowledge about how to build meaningful relationships through genuine care and hard work on this episode. An example of the insight he shares is that research is showing that the reason we remember certain experiences has to do with both the high points or moments of the experience AND the final moments. Knowing that equips us to think more strategically about the meetings we have. Are there things we can do to leverage the experience toward being memorable? Jon says we absolutely can. Find out what he suggests and how it can impact your ability to make meaningful connections, on this episode.
Outline of this great episode
- [0:29] My introduction to Jon Levy, an expert in communication and connection.
- [1:56] The background and upbringing that pointed Jon toward connections.
- [3:42] How Jon reaches outside his own comfort zone to reach out to diverse people.
- [6:50] How Jon’s influencer dinners function to connect people.
- [13:35] The things Jon has learned about relationships through researching for his book.
- [18:31] Baiting people into asking you more conversations.
- [20:48] A litmus test for determining the effort you should invest in a connection.
- [23:33] Understanding the Ben Franklin Effect.
- [26:29] How can we apply connection strategies with influencers in real life?
Resources & Links mentioned in this episode
- BOOK: The 2 AM Principle
- The Ben Franklin Effect
- Interview with Jon on The Art of Charm about Influencer Dinners
- Jon’s conversation with Jordan Harbinger about his book, The 2 AM Principle
Tweets you can use to share this episodeFor an #extraordinary life, surround yourself with the right people @JonLevyTLB Click To Tweet Would you like to make #influencers remember you? #Focus on your last interaction @JonLevyTLB Click To Tweet
Latest posts by Zvi Band (see all)
- The Power Of Authentic Relationships In Business, With Patrick Ewers - November 9, 2017
- How to Be Memorable, Be Who You Are, and Rock Your Business, with Peter Lorimer - October 19, 2017
- Building and Benefitting from Meaningful Connections in Business, with Rob Mehta - October 5, 2017